Wednesday 12 December 2012

Who's this blogger?


Let’s check out this blogger by asking him some questions:

How old are you and are you married? 
60 and yes, I married Janette.

Do you have a family?
Sort of. We have 4 married sons and 15 grandkids but our family has been wrecked by church politics.

So you’re a Christian?
What’s a ‘christian’ these days? Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Lord.

Any regrets?
I now wish I had honoured my parents and parents-in-law unconditionally, no matter what – as the Bible teaches and contrary to what I was taught among the Exclusive Brethren.                                                                 

Are you a scientist?
No, I dropped out of Chemical Engineering – too boring! I’m not even a ‘creation scientist’. I’m just an ordinary guy who tries to use some of that grey matter that keeps my ears apart.

Well, what about a teacher?
The closest I get to being a teacher is having taught aviation theory at a flying school and now teaching SRE Scripture to over 200 public school students. You will find their questions & answers on godspostbox.blogspot.com.au. with illustrations.

So why the blog?
As soon as I stopped being ashamed of the Bible I was asked to teach it to kids (funny that!), only to find that they aren’t sure if God even exists, despite Australia having a Christian heritage. (See our October post: Australia's First School-house')
The Bible tells us that we can learn about Him just from the things He has made, so we’re just having a look around and invite you to join us – what have we got to lose?

The controversial topics that Christians argue about are discussed on hotspuds.blogspot.com and a bonus on Islam in Australia is included.

No comments:

Post a Comment